Thursday, September 27, 2012

seven years of hair

I've been spending countless hours scanning and editing years and years of sketchbooks the past couple o' weeks. Its been a complete fucking headtrip/time-machine-like opening old diaries. I thought those feelings went away? Every liner-note/rant transports me to the time in which it was written/drawn. Of course, I can also look at them and appreciate them aesthetically-so crazy to see where I was in 2005/2007-so much of it is terrible, but theres some gems hidden.
Lots of techniques and magic I don't feel I can recreate.

Specifically, "June 2007"; The time in which it was composed/completed was such an angst-ridden, confusing, dark time. Mickey Mouse dark. Not like "drug" dark. Lots of not-sleeping, staying out to all hours, hanging out at places I would never hang out at, etc. Was going through a break-up, which made me throw myself into my art. You can see it happening. I was heavily influenced by artists like Barron Storey, John Copeland, and my big brother, Josh Wigger, at the time, and I still am to an extent, but you can tell at a certain point in this book, that I was starting to find my own voice.






No comments:

Post a Comment