Friday, April 1, 2011

Neighbors

Neighbors: Mike Giant (Full Length) from Agency Charlie on Vimeo.

Not a huge Mike Giant fan, but I love seeing how other illustrators work. Its pretty interesting to check out all his little techniques and figure out how his "magic" works. He's well known for never "sketching" his drawings out, he just skips all those steps and does the ink work...doesn't seem all that impressive with that projector being used so liberally hmmmmmm. And I wonder how he keeps the sharpie ink from turning purple on his drawings? Everytime I've used sharpie markers on any of my drawings, the color went from black, to purple after a while...plus, "sharpie black" is never truly black at all. I dont know, I guess I can save these questions for whenever I actually meet Mr. Giant in person...

No comments:

Post a Comment